<$BlogRSDUrl$> < ? chicago blogs # >

Wednesday, February 11, 2004

Monzscrumptiouslunch!

So well written, so entertaining, so thoroughly prepared, we present Monz' report (delivered to us in written form) unedited. Are you thinking what we're thinking (i.e., that Monz is getting the blogging itch?)
____________________________________________

Yum!

Today I was slapped in the face with the harsh announcement that we would be having Pizza hut for lunch. Normally I respond to this assault with The Usual. But I just couldn't bring myself to do that today. Today I treated myself to a roadtrip!!

For months I've noticed an interesting little joint on Pulaski called "La Humita." It looked new and good. So today I drove there for lunch.


What a treat! I ordered the house specialty for an appetizer -- La Humita. It is basically a tamale with cheese inside. YummY! Apparently the owner dude's mom makes them in the morning. Then, for a beverage, I had a raspberry natural shake. They call them shakes, but they are just fruit and ice mashed up -- refreshing! My main course was lamb chops. Not just one or two like at your foofy downtown joint, but a plateful! And they were garnished with some of the yummiest zuchini, red pepper, carrots I've ever had! I declined dessert.

The atmosphere was kick. There was only one other table of people -- some of the secretarial pool. As I was leaving another old couple came in.

I can't wait for Pizza Hut day again!

Comments: Post a Comment
0 comments

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?