<$BlogRSDUrl$> < ? chicago blogs # >

Tuesday, March 09, 2004

Compare And Contrast!

With the editors still feeling the blahs and Monz' lunch feeling a little blah ("Gigantadogs from Portillos." "Is that what they call them?" "I dunno." "So how were they?" "Eh." -- ok, the conversation did end with some sort of talk about driving flaming spikes through brains, but anyway...), we thought we'd share a recent blog entry by the famous Glenn Reynolds of InstaPundit. Hope you don't sue us Glenn!

>>WENT TO FUDDRUCKER'S with the kids the other night and had an Ostrich Burger. It was yummy and low-fat. A couple of other places in town have them, and some also serve Buffalo Burgers, which are also yummy and lowfat.

I talked to the manager and he said that the ostrich was selling well. I asked him whether that was because of its low-fat nature, or because of fears about Mad Cow. He wasn't sure which, but said that given the number of regular burgers they were selling he didn't think that Mad Cow fears were very widespread. That seems about right to me.

I'm a big fan of both ostrich and buffalo, and I'd certainly like to see them become more common -- they're much healthier, and taste just as good. In fact, I actually prefer the buffalo to regular ground beef. I suspect that whether or not Mad Cow fears are affecting consumer behavior, they're at least making people in the food business look at alternative products, just in case. And although I think that Mad Cow fears are probably overrated, I'll be happy if that makes these alterna-burgers more common.<<
Comments: Post a Comment
0 comments

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?