<$BlogRSDUrl$> < ? chicago blogs # >

Friday, May 07, 2004

The King is Dead!

How to end my first week of guest-blogging? I'll start by reflecting back on the week's lunches. From the lows of Wendy's to the highs of China House, it was an nourishing experience. None of these lunches made me sick, a high-point in itself, then again none demanded I partake again and again, except for that incredible #4! I was enriched by the endless struggle to find interest in and joy in the monotonous routine of lunches around here. This blogging experience motivates me to continue that struggle, and rise to even greater heights of lunching.


Which brings me to today's lunch. My heart broke when I was informed we were having Burger King, one of my most hated lunch options. I fought the lethargy and tried to drag myself out to get something unique. I lost that fight and checked out their menu on the web. Whoa! I said to myself. They had chili and "Fire-Grilled" Chicken Caesar salad. I ordered them up and partook. I'll tell you. Burger King still sucks. The chili tasted like Hormel and the salad, while better than the chili, did not live up to expectations. It was only ok -- they tried hard with cheese and warm chicken delivered in a separate bag, but it just didn't gel.

So what is the ratio for the week? 1 yummy lunch, 4 OK lunches that didn't make me sick. I'm inspired to try and change this next week.


Oh yes! I feel I must address the debate that yesterday's pictures have inspired. Some proponents thanked me for posting them, feeling they added a new dimension to MYL. Some believed they constituted "overshare," especially the empty salad bowl. To them I respond that every battle leaves a battlefield strewn with the ugly products of war. This is a battle: a battle for yummy lunch. Be strong and wave your lunch flags proudly! Together we WILL WIN this battle!
Comments: Post a Comment
0 comments

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?