<$BlogRSDUrl$> < ? chicago blogs # >

Thursday, June 17, 2004

We Hate Salesmen!

Today's lunch is a turkey honey ham oat sub from the way. Kinda like a salad on bread! The result? Warm and yummy.

But more importantly, did salesman dude ever pay for those pizza's he foisted on an unsuspecting staff at Monz' place? Nope. Like Popeye's Wimpy, he never did pay for those burgers on Tuesday, happily or unhappily! By coincidence, one of the editors had a nasty online chat encounter yesterday with an efax representative. Here are some exerpts:


You are now chatting with 'Rick S'
Rick S: Welcome to the Interactive Online Sales Team. I'm Rick, your online Sales Representative. I can help you get a dedicated local or toll-free fax number of your choice, capable of sending and receiving faxes via email. How may I assist you today?
MYL: Hi Rick -- in the past I recall seeing something about using our efax numbers for voice mail but I can't find any info on the site. Am I remembering wrong or just looking in the wrong place?
Rick S: The voice mail feature has been discontinued for eFax. You can sign for a j2 number and have the voice mail service. j2 is the parent company of eFax.
Rick S: When you sign up for a j2 account, you get a j2 number where people can send faxes and voice mails to you. The faxes and voice mails received at your j2 number are then forwarded to your email address as an attachment.
Rick S: I will explain the pricing to you.
Rick S: The basic cost of jConnect Premier is $15 per month. A one-time activation fee of $15 is also applied during the first month of service.
Rick S: If you need time to consider the service, we can offer you a plan where you receive the first 30 days free and then roll into the annual plan. With our specially discounted Annual plan, you get 2 months of service free and we also waive the $15 activation feel. The discounted cost would be $150 per year and you save $45 upfront. Note. This offer is not available on our website.
Rick S: You can receive 250 minutes shared between faxes and voice messages for free per month.
Rick S: Outbound faxing carry an additional charge of $0.10 per page (60-second transmission time or less) to destinations in the contiguous US and Hawaii; rates to other destinations are available at https://www.efax.com/en/efax/twa/getRates?rqcp=1
Rick S: As a special consideration, I will provide you with a non-recurring gift balance of $5. With this you can send faxes at the rate of 10 cents a page within United States. Going by this token, you can send upto 50 pages of faxes for Free.
Rick S: May I have the city, state and area code for your number.
MYL: The price is in the realm of consideration, but I'm not ready to switch now -- I need to hang onto my current number for a while and also I've given this number to stores and I think it gets a lot of telemarketing calls, which might eat up voice mail minutes. So for now I'm going to pass.
Rick S: One moment.
Rick S: I will waive the activation fee for you now.
Rick S: This is a special discount.
MYL: Please don't make any changes to my account at this time.
Rick S: May I have the existing number.
MYL: I do not want to make any changes at this time.
Rick S: I will need the fax number to check the account you have with us.
MYL: I don't want you to make any changes or check my account.
MYL: Do you understand or do I need to contact efax directly?
Rick S: There will be no changes made to your account without your confirmation.
Rick S: May I suggest something for a j2 number?
MYL: No thank you. Good afternoon.
Rick S: Thank you for contacting Online Sales Support, I hope you found our session helpful.
Rick S: Good bye and have a nice day!
Chat session has been terminated by the site operator.
Comments: Post a Comment
0 comments

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?