<$BlogRSDUrl$> < ? chicago blogs # >

Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Mmmm, Mayo, Mmmm-Mmmm!

Good news, bad news. First the bad news: lunch was a tragedy today. The announcement came over the loudspeakers: Pizza Hut. Consultations were had. A side trip to the old Thai place on Milwaukee was suggested. Historical archives were examined. A phone call was placed. The ambient sound of a restaurant was heard. Another call was made, and another. Nothing but ambient noise - kinda a Brian Eno nightmare! More consultations. Capitulation to the Pizza Hut, but there's no answer there either. Back to Burger King: fire grilled chicken Caesar, less yummy due to the traumatic preceding events.

Now the good news: Monzyummylunch is one year old today! Yay! And to thank our loyal readers, here's a golden hair surprise:

Well I tried to make lunch Sunday
But I got so damn depressed
That I set my sights on Monday
But Jewel's made my lunch a mess.
I ain't ready for those cold cuts
But I do agree there's times
When some extra beef can be a friend of mine.

Well I keep on thinking 'bout it
Calutta's lunch surprise
And I just can't dine without it
Jeffs' been playing with my mind.
They're all poor with sanitation
Good help's too too hard to find
And you know that means the Scon ain't far behind.

Will you seat me in the middle
Will you seat me at the end?
Will you pack that up for take-out
Give me change for this here ten?
Well I tried to make it
I don't mind saying
This needs more baking.

Comments: Post a Comment
0 comments

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?