<$BlogRSDUrl$> < ? chicago blogs # >

Thursday, July 22, 2004

Shooby-Dube-Do!

(this mysteriously arrived at the myl offices):

Dear Diary:  Today is Thursday, July 22 and I am so ashamed!  You see, I was having an awful day at work.  My coworkers were betraying me -- going to freakin' McDonald's when I needed a yummy lunch.  I couldn't face another dreary mass-produced mediocrity -- I just couldn't!  That's when I heard about a mythical dude who goes by the name of "Monz."  When faced with the same situation he brought in some Cajun Chicken Salad from Whole Foods, spread out on a luscious ripe organic tomato, with some Nantucket Nectar Cranberry Lemonade for pizzaz!  He fought their crap with Yummyness!  I figured I would do the same thing.  But then when I got to Whole Foods I found out that it would cost so much money that I couldn't afford that 1970's ticket stub from my hero's band, Joe X. Dube, that I have my heart set on!  What to do, what to do?  I walked out and went to the Walgreen's next door for a banana nut Powerbar.   Is there any wonder that I'm miserable?


Comments: Post a Comment
0 comments

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?