<$BlogRSDUrl$> < ? chicago blogs # >

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

OVERRULED!
Ouch! A really bad morning in court leads me to my historical downfall: comfort food. I mope out of the courthouse and slunk into my car. I drive down the road and remember one of my favorite places is up ahead and around a corner so I make that snap judgment! I'm there! I pull into the parking lot: it's crowded. It's very hot outside and I notice it isn't much cooler as I wander inside. I wait in line: the lunch crowd is here. I place my order (and order more for dinner!) I wait for the order to be filled. I finally get my order and go back to the car, now jabbering on my cell phone in addition to balancing to big bags of goodness. I drive back to the office: everyone is out and on the road today so it takes a good long time to get there. I slink back into my office and unwrap the succulent goodness of a Russell's barbeque pork sandwich with cole slaw and a baked potato. I clean my plate. I feel nourished for another hell-ride tomorrow (unfortunately at a courthouse far from any of my favorite restaurants!)
Comments:
0 comments

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?