<$BlogRSDUrl$> < ? chicago blogs # >

Friday, July 29, 2005

For Those About to Law, We Salute You!

You can't keep a good ladylawyer down, so Monz' better half is striking out on her own as a named partner in a new firm. So what would her old firm do for a send off? In true Swirsky style, they sent her to Malnati's, or rather they sent someone to bring it back. Monz was there and we salute her! As opposed to radio-ad-hawking shucksters who salute themselves! We didn't even need to see the Mancow-reference (this instills confidence?) before we thought to ourselves "turd blossom."
Comments:
I should specify that it was my wife who purchased the Malnati's for the office. Just to be clear . . .  
I was going to start my own firm, but it sounded like a lot of work so I'll stay a slave.  
I'm amazed how few resources there are for starting a new firm -- the ABA book is pretty much all that's out there and it sucks, especially in ignoring the small business maxim to minimize initial expenses at all costs. One day I may be forced into it so I pop in on seminars and glean a couple of good advice nuggets from all the chest-puffing.  
3 comments

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?