<$BlogRSDUrl$> < ? chicago blogs # >

Thursday, August 25, 2005

We Like the Cut of Your Jib!

We had a life-altering post lined-up for today (no joke), but we need to put it off one day to present the unfiltered eloquence of one zealous advocate's lunch. As for the capitalized-letter song reference, to paraphrase the great Jeff Jarrett on wrestling: "To those who understand no explanation is needed, to those who do not no explanation would suffice."

>>Today was - hopefully - the last day in Maywood court for awhile. Yes, it was prove up time. Months of arguing and tense negotiations were over and, as attorney for the Petitioner, my jib was to prove up this judgment and get these people on with their lives. My paralegal didn't show, so I had to hand write the 2-year stip [we love state court - IP-but-sometimes-pro-bono-in-state-court editor], though the clerk later mentioned she had some preprinted one stashed in drawers. After it was over, I needed to go to Russell's for one last yummy Russell's lunch (at least for awhile). I got there too early, and feeling wistful I decided to drive around and find the old house (HOUSE!) I (I!) Used (USED!) to live in. I was nervous rounding the corner because I saw lots of obvious port-teardown monstrosities. But, there it was, the home that Monz took his early dumps and weasels in, tentative baby-burps, the house where my sister posed for photos before going to see the Beatles, the house where our dog ate a tree, the house that flooded endlessly so we had to move. There was a big dumpster out front, and I could see the outline of a contractor through the big picture window in front. So it looks like the house is getting redone, and not torn down, so that is cool. I'll try and come back sometime soon to take some pics through the window -- I could see the fireplace I recognized from those old photos through the window. Then I cruised away and went to Russell's and ordered a yummy pork and baked potato. In a few short moment, I will eat this yummy beast-wich! Makes me wanna go to a pig-roast! It really does!<<
Comments:
0 comments

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?