<$BlogRSDUrl$> < ? chicago blogs # >

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Renovate Lunch!
The editors are off again and I am here again filling in. First, I want to address a couple of serious concerns which have been directed to me recently. I am a real person, I really eat these lunches, I am not part of the editorial staff and , yes, you need to know what I ate for lunch.


On with the show!


Today I wandered over to Poppy's to see what they offered in the way of salads but they were closed! the sign in the window said it was only for three days, so I relaxed a little. Places have been disappearing around here lately -- the little coffee joint around the corner that I went to in the morning closed just yesterday! I wandered down the street in a southerly direction to see if there were any previously unknown lunch joints hiding out, and there were none. So I wandered over to County Cafe for a Chef's Salad. It very good: sizeable with chunks of real meat in it. Stay tuned, the editors are back tomorrow!

Comments:
how was the atonement for the "editors"? it would be fun to hear about some of the many sins they've commited-  
From all available reports, it's not as much fun as it might seem! But let's see, besides the en passim failure to get over our adjustment disorders, starting last Jewish new year we OMC'd ("bustin moves and starting grooves before they knew we were gone"), the day before yesterday we lamented the apparent cancellation of NBC's "Inconceivable."  
hmm- dont know this show... must be running only in chicago...  
It was aired twice (Friday's at 9PM). It starred the woman who played a second generation Chinese doctor on E.R. as the head of an infertility clinic. It was half IVF hospital drama (a la E.R.) and half utter soap opera. I think that networks should be forced to post remaining episodes online after they cancel a show, or at least put up plot synopsis so we find out what happened (or what was supposed to happen) to all these characters!  
i'll tell you: they all sleep with each other, switch up and go again.
the end.  
I can vouch that Monz is a real person and he eats these lunches. (Well, I'm not so sure about the ones lately since I do not "lunch" with him anymore) Anyways, I shared a lunch hour w/Monz for many years and let's say you're lucky that the blog wasn't around when he ate couscous everyday for about a year straight (boring...)  
Paul Christo! How are you? Long time no hear! How's your son and wife, Jone??  
Jone?! Jone who?! Is she one of those unpleasant girls who wouldn't let me talk to you?  
Post a Comment
8 comments

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?