<$BlogRSDUrl$> < ? chicago blogs # >

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Friends of the Green Lantern!

Excerpts from a typically life-altering day at the myl offices:

Copy Editor (CE): "Yesterday I had an epiphanic experience. Like all of you, I collect a lot of ephemera, some of which I have acquired through Ebay(tm). Until a couple months ago, I had only been burned once on ebay, as a seller no less! But then I saw it -- a 4-DVD set for an old (late 80's) tv show that's not in reruns and heretofore unavailable. Indeed, I had doubts as to the item's authenticity, but the seller's feedback rating was good, so I took the $30 plunge.

And I waited.

Nothing came. I checked back with ebay to e-mail the seller and saw a dozen negative feedbacks had been left for him in the last week. Ruh-roh. A week later ebay had "de-authorized" the seller, and I figured that was the end of it.

And then yesterday my faith in humanity, if not restored, was given a powerposivibe injection! There in the mail were the DVD's! With snazzy labels and a professional-looking case! The seller remains banned and the sale was so long ago that I can't leave feedback -- he did this out of a sense of honesty and honor!"

At this point that a staff intern asked what was the tv-show in question. The CE turned pink and started reciting life coaching advice from a guy who is all about the abbadabbas. Eventually it was decided to seek advice from the Monz.

"You must tell the readers the show! And while you're at it, tell them I went back to Cosi in downtown Chicago for the first time in nearly a year for a hummus and veggie sandwich."
Comments:
You paid $30 for that?  
Hey, for less than two movies you get the 2-hour pilot film and 22 glorious episodes! Nothing has beat it since "Lost."  
Mark Hamill was "The Trickster"  
Post a Comment
3 comments

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?