<$BlogRSDUrl$> < ? chicago blogs # >

Friday, November 04, 2005

Viva El Blog!
Because the editorial staff are out on the road exploring the origins of cults in America, I am stepping in to blog my own lunch today (I hope you know this is Monz blogging!). Just a side note to say that I remember when my guest blogging was something to celebrate! Anyway . . . In honor of Cousin telling me I was Mexican food, I went back to the Genessee Restaurant and ordered three chicken tacos. Turns out there's lots of food they serve that ain't on the overhead menu! So I figured that out and ordered. I asked them if anything came with the tacos, because the paper menu said I'd get rice and refried beans (not that I'd eat a lot of lard-encrusted refried beans, but it's nice to get one's money's worth!) and I guess they misheard me beacuse I got no response and no rice and beans. Still, the tacos, once consumed, were quite yummy, but a little onion heavy. I'll go back another time and remember to tell them I don't want the onions, though I'm sure they won't hear.
Comments:
Well, those were in the dark ages when the editors would take a day off and the world went without lunch news. Since we've added comments, the public has come to expect lunch news by hook or by crook (cf: Erie v. Whatever Railroad). We should tell people that unlike the first two weeks in May, Monz has little to no advance word on when the editors might dump blogging duties on him.

The "cult" reference = we went to Nauvoo. We're too tired to report now.  
cousin, i hope you're having a good time tripping!

on the other hand i'm looking forward to fresh news about monz's lunch.  
Post a Comment
2 comments

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?