<$BlogRSDUrl$> < ? chicago blogs # >

Friday, December 30, 2005

All Aboard!
It's the end of another year of yummy lunches, though this time of year doesn't make me sad, it makes me giddy with anticipation of all the lunches yet to come! Venturing into the EIC's stomping grounds, I wound up having lunch at the underestimated Union Station's food court. I mean, this place doesn't even deserve the tag, "food court," which summons up nauseating images of stuffed potatoes and MSG-laden oriental food in malls. I did some comparison shopping and settled on a sandwich from Nino Panino. I had the North Side Sub minus onions and mayo. And it wasn't bad. Kinda wished I hadn't eaten there and saved room for popcorn and unhealthy snacks from Nuts on Clark, but I didn't. Happy New Year!
Comments:
Nina Panino is oooohhhhhkaaaaaayyyyy (service is a little slow), and Robinsons is fine when you're in the mood for ribs. Beyond that I can't think of anyplace worth going out of your way at Union Station (including the diner) -- now Northwestern's station (Soupbox!), that's good eating.  
NP's service was fine and the food wasn't half bad. Maybe you would enjoy the cajun food which is still there? Yummy-yum?  
Post a Comment
2 comments

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?