<$BlogRSDUrl$> < ? chicago blogs # >

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

World Gym Chicago !

We interrupt this blog to reprint the following e-mail sent this afternoon to World Gym

"Today I witnessed two World Gym employees (they were wearing t-shirts with STAFF on the back) trap a young woman in a revolving door at 100 N. Wacker. They kept the door stopped with their forearms ten seconds before letting her pass, smirking at her. She looked very frightened. I hate bullies. I went downstairs to the gym to report it and was told that one of the two men was the club manager! (The woman at the desk kept asking me how I could know for sure that they didn't know the woman -- her expression was pretty convincing).

They came back as I was leaving and I told them I thought what they did sucked. One of them who went by the name "Aaron" (don't know if he was the manager or not) walked up to me so that he was inches away from my face and told me that I better watch what I say. I asked if he was going to hit me and he smiled and said no, but didn't move away. I asked if he felt proud of himself terrorizing women half his size (I equal him in height but clearly not in muscle - he could snap me like a twig) and to watch my tone of voice. I told him I could say anything I wanted that's truthful and at this point the other man said "come on, let's go." I told him that I was going to tell the security people about this(which I did), he continued to stand there but then listened to the other man who again told him to go (he told me to get a haircut, which under other circumstances would have been good advice). He came back when he saw me getting down his description and that's when I heard his name was Aaron. He also looked at his watch, as-if he was saying "I know when to look out for you."

At no time did either man deny it.

Beyond telling security (which may not do much good -- they're renters in the building, I'm just a customer at the resturant downstairs) I also plan to blog this incident because our blog is picked up by Google and MSN and anyone searching for World Gym might come across this incident and consider if this is the kind of place they want to patronize."

Readers may be wondering why the EIC has such a death wish. Welp, it's a combination of the hope that once tattled on, these two neanderthalls don't do this again (with a fear that what these type of men really do is go home and beat up their significant others), a warped sense of justice, and that the only big loss will be that Monz will have to blog his own lunch, which today was a chipolte ham sandwich from the County Cafe!

And to think before this the only thing we knew about World Gym is that they hired a scrawny dude to dress in a gorilla suit and hand out fliers.
Comments: Post a Comment
0 comments

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?