<$BlogRSDUrl$> < ? chicago blogs # >

Friday, March 31, 2006

I Wish I Was Drunk!

Whenever I take the train downtown to court, like I did today, I am always on the lookout for how the buildings right next to the railroad track are holding up. There's one special building, right past the Kennedy merge which is especially close to the tracks. It has a lot of graffiti on it. I am not a fan of graffiti "art," and I do not think someone's ability to spraypaint goth letters on someone else's property is an acceptable form of self-expression. However, one particularly brave and sad individual gained access to this certain roof and spraypainted in really normal, non-goth, non-graffiti-like lettering, "I Wish I was Drunk." Every time I see it I can just imagine the sadness of a life where you can't even get drunk, but you can jump on a roof and spraypaint. There it was today. It's been there for a long time and I wonder how long it will take before someone cleans this plaintive longing away.

Then I went home and had a ditto lunch.

Chinese food Friday will return next week. Sorry!
Comments:
Out of curiosity, what are "goth" letters? I don't think I have ever seen grafitti I would describe that way.  
Here are some web examples, though they are not exactly what I saw.  
Hey Julie, welcome to our humble blog! I was thinking along the lines of those 50 Cent/Lucy Liu/etc. "I Am What I Am" ads.  
Post a Comment
3 comments

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?