<$BlogRSDUrl$> < ? chicago blogs # >

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Good Night, Future Boy!

Still feeling horrifically ill, but still smarting from the injustice of missing out on cinco last week, I headed over to the Genessee Restaurant for a torta cubana! I ordered it with rice instead of fries. Holy moly! It's huge! I can't report whether its yummy or not because I can't taste it.


Back to my stack of requests: Paul Christo or Juan Snugles, one of those people, requested more "Before and After" photos! Call me the lunch genie cuz I'm here to grant your wish!! However, I'm modifying it -- I couldn't down this whole thing so I offer up "Before and During" photos!


Before: (Note lack of fries as per my order)



During:




Thanks Paul or Juan!

Comments:
Thanx for the pix! Yes, that sandwich does look huge.  
The only Cubana you should be having is a stogie.  
Oh boy - you really did it this time! I see your guest blogging days numbered...the EIC was not fond of the "Before & After" pics, but he is going to hate the "Before & During" pics!  
Oh, Monz has absolute freedom during his guest blogging days on his blog! And given what we know about Monz tastes in usenet posts, a half-eaten sandwich is the least of our concerns. Ok, maybe not! Anyway, Monz is such a free spirit, he even abandons the MYL style book!  
How do you figure I abondoned the style book?? Hmm???  
well i think these are brilliant! gives us one more insight into monz's lunch. for example, now i know you take small, yet vicious bites! this is important lunch pertinent info!

- please include the picture of a drink next time  
"night" isn't capitalized.  
I'm confused...is this blog all about lunches??? lol or am I just a total ditz?? Ok...maybe that one shouldn't be answered! :)  
Don't feel bad/ditzy Chelle, it's confusing! The blog is "lunch centric" -- it's about the Monz and the guidance he provides through his munificient spirit. Some have suggested that it's also about the editors, a not-too-subtle hint that they spend too much time on the blog discussing their own activities and observations. These people do not recognize that such musings are, generally, done with Monz' blessing. It is an MYL tradition that Monz graces the blog with his presence during the first two weeks of May, so those "cousin" posts are really the Monz himself!

The editors plan for the above information and more to soon appear as a MYL FAQ permalink.  
Ale -- keep in mind that I'm still sick so those are sick guy bites. But . . . You've given me a great idea for more pictures!!  
Let the record show that the editors are not hallucinating and that Monz changed the capitalization subsequent to our carp, er, post.  
Post a Comment
11 comments

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?