<$BlogRSDUrl$> < ? chicago blogs # >

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Tour de Gastronome!


Some of you more attentive readers may have noticed that for he past month or so, I've been on a little gastronomic journey around Waukegan. Partially this is due to feeling more comfortable, and my natural inclination to expand my lunch horizons. So far this tour has been fairly successful, with Louie's being the big winner. Today was a mix of old and new. It is time for the weekly farmer's market by the courthouse, so I went down there to see what was going on. Alas, the only lunch offerings were Obie's, with the same set-up they use on Fridays (and same offerings) and a roasted corn booth. I wandered into town looking for food, not having planned the day's lunch meticulously. Turns out the sidewalk up and down Gennessee St is ripped out! Hard to get to lunch places! So I walked down to Subway and got a foot-long turkey on hearty Italian. It'll do, but I was still left with that empty, lonely pang of an unsatisfied lunch urge. I walked back to the corn booth and bought some roasted corn, slathered in butter and lemon salt! It was so yummy that words fail. I'll have to buy some lemon salt for home!!!
Comments:
great minds think alike... i myself had a turkey themed lunch worthy of disclosure on the MYL!

it was a turkey and brie wrap with arugula, apple slices and honey musterd!

Yuuumie!  
Move along! You're not allowed to have a lunch that kicks my lunch's ass around these parts!!  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.  
Post a Comment
3 comments

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?