<$BlogRSDUrl$> < ? chicago blogs # >

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Come Mr Tally Man!

Yesterday's lunch report was interrupted and ultimately sidelined by that pesky thing called work. Yesterday was a leftover Amy's Black Bean Tamale Verde. It has been defrosting the fridge here at the office for a week and it did not kill me.

Today, I took to the open road to a brand new restaurant which opened up here, Sabor Borinqueno. There were not a lot of veg offerings, so I wound up having a volcano, which was yummy, especially after I added some muy picante pickled pepper sauce! I'm pretty sure there was shrimp in there too. I had a side of plaintains which were extra good. This place made up for it's lack of breadth with exceptional customer service! The chef came out at one point to tell me my food was almost ready and then when it arrived, he came out and told me all about it, extolling its freshness and individuality. We then discussed the various hot sauce option until I settled on the pickled pepper sauce. All in all, a true lunch adventure!
Comments: Post a Comment
0 comments

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?