<$BlogRSDUrl$> < ? chicago blogs # >

Monday, November 14, 2005

The Original Wrapper!

Today's Monz lunch report is very interesting, so we put it first, then advise that you might just want to skip what follows.

Today monz raps about the other white meat as he wraps PORK tenderloin in a whole wheat tortilla with sharp cheddar and barbeque sauce for a taste sensation! He then adds an apple and some carrots sticks AS WELL AS some celery for crunchy fruit & vegetable balance. Monz finishes off this earth-shaking lunch with a Breakstones cottage double BUT NOT THE PINEAPPLE ONE!!!!! NO!!!!! Monz has STRAWBERRY today!!!! Yay!!!!!!

Thank you, um, editors! Now, every so often we promise some space to our intrepid political editor who is known to write long posts. Today is one of those times.

>>This weekend I received an e-mail to attend a Hillary Clinton for Senate fundraiser. I'm not sure how this arrived at my address, as it is one I rarely use for political stuff. When I did some googling of the organizer, I discovered she worked for IVF-IPO, a left-leaning political group (the "I" stands for "Independent" but the only time they've endorsed a Republican is when a pro-life Dem was running). I once had a friendly debate with an IVF-IPO'er on that site over their endorsement in the Democratic primary for attorney general (the 30 year old toady daughter of the Dem state house leader over a longtime maverick reformer they had endorsed in two previous elections -- sellout!), and I guess she added me to her personal mailing list.

She even has her own Web site Looking at it both gladdened and saddened me. Glad because I like seeing the young-uns get involved in politics. Sad because, while I can't peer into her heart, in my encounters with people at this level of party politics, they are as much into it for personal power than ideology. Debra Dickerson in her amazing memoir has a great description of 1992 Clinton/Gore campaign staff who spent the last week of the election positioning themselves for the best available jobs in the new administration. Of course, maybe Hillary really does need more in her campaign coffers for that fierce senate race, but I'm dubious...
Comments: Post a Comment
0 comments

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?